Churchwide Statement on Sexual Abuse
Policies and Recommendations
- Mennonite Church USA Ministerial Sexual Misconduct Policy and Procedure
- Home Street Mennonite Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Dove’s Nest Sample Policies
- Prevention and Response: Sexual Abuse and Non-Credentialed Individuals
- Untold Stories (2 Samuel 13:1-21) — Meghan Larissa Good, Albany (Oregon) Mennonite Church
- We Can’t Turn Away from Tamar’s Story — Jennifer Davis Sensenig, Community Mennonite Church, Harrisonburg, Virginia
Books and pamphlets
- Body and Soul, Healthy Sexuality and the People of God. Faith & Life Resources, 2010.
- Cooper-White, Pamela, The Cry of Tamar, Violence against Women and the Church’s Response, 2nd edition, Fortress Press, 2012.
- Fortune, Marie M. Sexual Violence, The Sin Revisited. The Pilgrim Press, 2005.
- Gaede, Beth Ann, editor. When a Congregation is Betrayed: Responding to Clergy Misconduct. The Alban Institute, 2006.
- Harder, Jeanette. Let the Children Come: Preparing Faith Communities to End Child Abuse and Neglect. Herald Press, 2010.
- Heggen, Carolyn Holderread. Sexual Abuse in Christian Homes and Churches. Herald Press, 1993. Reprinted Wipf & Stock, 2006.
- McClintock, Karen A. Preventing sexual abuse in congregations: A resource for leaders. The Alban Institute, 2004.
- Melton, Joy Thornburg. Safe Sanctuaries for Ministers: Reducing the Risk of Abuse in the Church. Discipleship Resources, 2009.
- Melton, Joy Thornburg. Safe sanctuaries: Reducing the risk of abuse in the church for children and youth. Discipleship Resources, 2008.
- Understanding sexual abuse by a church leader or caregiver, 2nd edition, Mennonite Central Committee, 2011.
- Lighting the Dark, Timbrel magazine, Spring 2014, Mennonite Women USA
- Agenda for Change: Policies and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence in Mennonite Institutions by Lisa Schirch
- Stop Living in Fear of a False Report by Alan Stucky
- Sexual abuse in Mennonite contexts by Lisa Schirch
- When Abusers Have Done a lot of Good by Alan Stucky
- But I’ve seen him do so much good by by Sara Wenger Shenk
- A Letter to Pastors by Jim Amstutz
- Responding to Three Common Pushbacks on Child Safety by Anna Groff
- Reporting Abuse and Keeping the Victim at the Center from Dove’s Nest
- What to Do When Your Minister is Accused of Abuse from Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP)
- Violence Against Women in the Mennonite Brethren Church: Abuse Policies are Not Enough by Carol Penner
- 18 ways churches can fight sexual assault in 2018 by Ruth Everhart
- Abuse Response and Prevention, Mennonite Central Committee: http://abuse.mcc.org
- Clergy Sexual Misconduct Awareness and Prevention, Baylor University: http://www.baylor.edu/clergysexualmisconduct
- Dove’s Nest, Faith Communities Keeping Children and Youth Safe: http://DovesNest.net/
- United Methodist Sexual Ethics: http://umsexualethics.org
- Our Stories Untold: http://www.ourstoriesuntold.com/
- Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP), Mennonite: http://www.snapnetwork.org/mennonite
- We Will Speak Out campaign from MCC U.S.: http://mcc.org/learn/more/we-will-speak-out