Skip to content
Churchwide Statement on Sexual Abuse
Books and pamphlets
- Body and Soul, Healthy Sexuality and the People of God. Faith & Life Resources, 2010.
- Cooper-White, Pamela, The Cry of Tamar, Violence against Women and the Church’s Response, 2nd edition, Fortress Press, 2012.
- Fortune, Marie M. Sexual Violence, The Sin Revisited. The Pilgrim Press, 2005.
- Gaede, Beth Ann, editor. When a Congregation is Betrayed: Responding to Clergy Misconduct. The Alban Institute, 2006.
- Harder, Jeanette. Let the Children Come: Preparing Faith Communities to End Child Abuse and Neglect. Herald Press, 2010.
- Heggen, Carolyn Holderread. Sexual Abuse in Christian Homes and Churches. Herald Press, 1993. Reprinted Wipf & Stock, 2006.
- McClintock, Karen A. Preventing sexual abuse in congregations: A resource for leaders. The Alban Institute, 2004.
- Melton, Joy Thornburg. Safe Sanctuaries for Ministers: Reducing the Risk of Abuse in the Church. Discipleship Resources, 2009.
- Melton, Joy Thornburg. Safe sanctuaries: Reducing the risk of abuse in the church for children and youth. Discipleship Resources, 2008.
- Understanding sexual abuse by a church leader or caregiver, 2nd edition, Mennonite Central Committee, 2011.
- Lighting the Dark, Timbrel magazine, Spring 2014, Mennonite Women USA
- Agenda for Change: Policies and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Violence in Mennonite Institutions by Lisa Schirch
John Howard Yoder Digest
What We Do