On the last Sunday of October, Mennonite Church USA congregations observe Heritage Sunday. Heritage Sunday is a day set aside to mark the people and events that mark the church’s historical importance.
The materials we offer can be used in a worship service to help focus a congregation’s attention on the faith of others who came before. These materials also reach out to people who do not share this history but are interested in thinking more deeply about issues of faith and obedience to God’s call.
- Heritage Sunday 2014: Youth in the Mennonite Church
- Heritage Sunday 2013: The Gifts of Women
- Heritage Sunday 2012: Sharpening Convictions, Not Swords
- Heritage Sunday 2009: The Communion of Saints
- Heritage Sunday 2008: We Are Witnesses
- Heritage Sunday 2007: 16th Century Anabaptists and the Bible
- Heritage Sunday 2006: Ambassadors Yesterday and Today
- Heritage Sunday 2005: Toward a Healing of the Ruptures of the Past
- Heritage Sunday 2004: This Is a Day of New Beginnings
- Heritage Sunday 2002: A Brother’s Love
- Heritage Sunday 2001: The Lord Stood by Us and Gave Us Strength…
- Heritage Sunday 2000: There Is a River Whose Streams Make Glad the City of God