(Mennonite Church USA) — Mennonite Church USA (MC USA) releases a new video series, Technology Best Practices for Service, that offers best practices for holding virtual meetings and worship services, as well as effective technology tools for working from home. Created by Crystal Washington, a technology strategist and certified futurist, this series is broken into short videos that offer tips and suggestions for navigating today’s leading video conferencing and sharing platforms for virtual ministry.
“Right now it’s a ministry in itself trying to get everyone comfortable with the technology as much as possible, while making sure that we’re taking care of those people who do not have internet,” said Washington, who works with organizations that want to leverage technology to increase profits and productivity.
Many MC USA churches have been holding worship and meetings in virtual spaces during the COVID-19 pandemic, and this video series offers suggestions to review and improve those experiences.
The Virtual Meetings series includes the following videos:
- Technology Best Practices: Virtual Meetings Introduction
- Basic equipment for virtual meetings
- Inviting people to virtual meetings: Best practices
- Security for Zoom meetings
- Interactive Zoom meeting features
- Tips for structuring virtual meetings and worship
- Streaming options for worship
- Music in virtual worship: Best practices
- Checklist for worship streaming and tech support
The Work Tools series includes the following videos:
- Technology for service: Work tools Introduction
- Team collaboration tools for church leaders
- File-sharing tools for church leaders
- Project management tools for church leaders
- Banking tools for church leaders
- How to be your own tech support
“At the end of the day, it is not about the technology,” said Washington. “It’s about the people we are serving and the message we’re getting out there.”
View Mennonites Church USA’s full webinar series at