ELKHART, Ind. (Mennonite Church USA)—The following first-term nominees for churchwide boards were affirmed during Mennonite Church USA’s July 2–5 Delegate Assembly in Phoenix. All terms are four years in length.
- Patricia Shelly, Newton, Kan., moderator-elect (two years)/moderator (two years), Executive Board
- Yvonne Diaz, Terlingua, Texas, Executive Board
- Joy Sutter, East Norristown, Pa., Executive Board
- Isaac Villegas, Durham, N.C., Executive Board
- Karen Lehman, Furlong, Pa., Everence board
- Judy Miller, Othello, Wash., Mennonite Education Agency board
- Barry Bartel, Golden, Colo., Mennonite Mission Network board
- Elaine Maust, Meridian, Miss., The Mennonite board
Affirmed for second terms were:
- Tina Begay, Bloomfield, N.M., Executive Board
- Samuel Voth Schrag, St. Louis, Mo., Executive Board
- Nisha Springer, Plano, Texas, Executive Board
- Sandra Vielman, Goshen, Ind., Everence board
- Marco Güete, Sarasota, Fla., MennoMedia board
- Paula Brunk Kuhns, Colorado Springs, Colo., Leadership Discernment Committee
- Horace McMillon, Jackson, Miss., Leadership Discernment Committee
Affirmed for third terms were:
- Noel Santiago, Souderton, Pa., Mennonite Education Agency board
- Mattie Marie Mast, Dalton, Ohio, Mennonite Mission Network board
Continuing board members (both appointed and affirmed) are:
- Executive Board (affirmed): Elizabeth Soto Albrecht, Lancaster, Pa.; David Boshart, Wellman, Iowa; Charlotte Hardt, Spokane, Wash.; Larry Hauder, Boise, Idaho; Nancy Heisey, Harrisonburg, Va.; Phil Rich, Archbold, Ohio; David Sutter, South Bend, Ind.; Dick Thomas, Ronks, Pa.
- Executive Board (appointed): Earl Kellogg, Champaign-Urbana, Ill., and Tucson, Ariz.; Don Schmidt, Newton, Kan.; Kenneth Thompson, Bronx, N.Y.
- Everence board (affirmed): Nicole Francisco, Hampton, Va.; Duane Oswald, Fresno, Calif.
- Everence board (appointed): Dwight J. McFadden, III, Millersburg, Ohio; Larry Nikkel, Wichita, Kan.; Paul Quiring, Fresno, Calif.; Pat Swartzendruber, Harrisonburg, Va.; Donna M. Voth, Topeka, Kan.
- Everence board (appointed by other Anabaptist denominations): Paris Ball-Miller, Goshen, Ind. (Church of the Brethren); Andrew Eversole, Goshen, Ind. (Conservative Mennonite Conference); Steven M. Lane, Elizabethtown, Pa. (Brethren in Christ)
- MennoMedia board (affirmed): Rachel Gerber, Charlottesville, Va.
- MennoMedia board (appointed): Charlotte Derksen, Seattle, Wash.; Joseph Lapp, Harrisonburg, Va.
- MennoMedia board (Mennonite Church Canada): Dan Jack, Calgary, Alb.; Melissa Miller (chair), Winnipeg, Man.; Chris Steingart, Kitchener, Ont.
- Mennonite Education Agency board (affirmed): Ramiro Hernández, Washington, Iowa; Marlene Kropf, Port Townsend, Wash.; Carol Roth, Clinton, Miss.
- Mennonite Education Agency board (appointed): Malinda Berry, Richmond, Ind.; Lynnette Bontrager, Archbold, Ohio; Lin Rush, Portland, Ore.; Tom Stuckey, West Unity, Ohio; Roy Williams, Land O’Lakes, Fla.; Basil Marin, Harrisonburg, Va.
- Mennonite Health Services Alliance board (appointed): Jim Alvarez, Goshen, Ind.; Rolando Santiago, Lancaster, Pa.; Lee Snyder, Harrisonburg, Va.; Ertell Whigham, Jr., Harleysville, Pa.
- Mennonite Health Services Alliance board (elected by MHS Alliance member organizations): Betty Holland, Maumee, Ohio; Laurie Nafziger, Goshen, Ind.; Lowell Peachey, South Hutchinson, Kan.; F. Jay Shetler, Glendale, Ariz.; Tim Wiens, Kensington, Md.; Larry Zook, Lititz, Pa.
- Mennonite Health Services Alliance board (appointed by other denominations): Wanda Heise, Harrisburg, Pa. (Brethren in Christ); Sheri Plett Wiedenhofer, Fresno, Calif. (Mennonite Brethren)
- Mennonite Mission Network board (affirmed): Susan Hertzler Burkholder, Denver, Colo.; Steve Breidigan, Douglassville, Pa.; Russell Jensen, Elkhart, Ind.; Tanya Ortman, Kansas City, Mo.; Steve Penner, Reedley, Calif.
- Mennonite Mission Network board (appointed); Andrew Bodden, Plantation, Fla.; Beth Jarrett, Lancaster, Pa.; Leroy Kauffman, Clyde, N.C.; Madeline Maldonado, Fort Myers, Fla.; Sunoko Lin, Van Nuys, Calif.; G. Craig Maven, Harrisonburg, Va.; Loren Horst, Harrisonburg, Va.; Nelson Okanya, Salunga, Pa.
- The Mennonite (affirmed): Steven Edwards, Goshen, Ind.; Gerald Mast, Bluffton, Ohio
- The Mennonite (appointed): Sarah Kraybill Burkhalter, Seattle, Wash.; Barth Hague, Newton, Kan.; Sheri Wenger, Lancaster, Pa.; Shé Hall, Hampton, Va.; Jason Moyer, Canton, Ohio.
- Leadership Discernment Committee (affirmed): Kim Vu Friesen, Minneapolis, Minn.; Duncan Smith, Beaverton, Ore.
- Leadership Discernment Committee (appointed): Dionicio Acosta, Lancaster, Pa.; Edie Landis, Telford, Pa.; George Stoltzfus, Lititz, Pa.; Louise Wideman, Bluffton, Ohio.
To nominate names of people to serve on churchwide boards, see www.mennoniteusa.org/nominate.
For more information, see “Nominees for churchwide boards” at http://www.mennoniteusa.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/NomineePages_2013June18.pdf.
—Mennonite Church USA staff